Friday, June 8, 2012

Taking A Family Photo - High Maintenance, OCD-style

My good friend Laura has offered to take a few family photos for us, and so we've been looking for just the right spot, and I may have found it on one of our walks.

We are probably a bit more mindful of family pictures than the average person, but that's because as a family in ministry, and searching for a pastoral home church, we need to keep our ministry resume (which includes a family photo) up to date. 

Maybe I over-think the family photo-taking procedure, but we just, well, we just don't tend to be the family that can throw together the children, toss on a few trendy, cute outfits, and jump in front of the camera and get the whole business done in 2 minutes.  To get our most recent photo, taken in November when I was pregnant with Clara, we had such great out-takes as:
The one where I'm staring at my shoe.

The one where I look like a vampire.

The one where both gentlemen are looking in different directions.
 
The one where David was going to kiss me.

The one where we discover where Clara gets her chins.

The one where Samuel gets suspicious of something off-camera.
And so on.  You want to look normal in your ministry photo, I've been told.

I wonder if Laura knows what she's getting herself into?


No comments: