There is a plate of blue cheese and liverwurst waiting for me in the livingroom, maybe with a pickle, and so this is going to be a fast update.
David and I made the hour long trip to the city today for my fetal assessment, which went exactly like I thought it would in terms of scheduling. I was early, and they took me early anyway, and I sat for 20 minutes with a monitor belt on and then had an ultrasound.
Good news is: the baby is fine. In fact, she's better than fine. I needed two 'peaks' on the monitor for movement and heart rate, and I had four, interspersed with textbook calm periods. They were thrilled. My ultrasound showed that she was moving wonderfully, perfectly formed, swimming in almost double the amniotic fluid she needed as a minimum, and my placenta showed no signs of aging at all.
With that, I was sent home free until my Monday appointment.
So, I mean, great news and all, but on the other hand, I am still pregnant. 41 weeks and counting, now. I walked over 2km when I got home, which actually seemed to stop the contractions, and so I'm off to sit on my borrowed exercise ball and see what that does, if anything.
1 comment:
Good for you and your better-than-fine baby and youthful placenta! So much to be thankful for! And soon, we'll see that cute little face.
Post a Comment