1. I have a laundry buddy at last! I'm sure it won't last for a lot longer but I'm milking it while I can. "Push this bucket to the washer, buddy! Yes, that's great! Now take the clothes out!"
2. My home made crayon endeavour has turned out badly. I gave it a good shot, even using a recipe, which let me say is pretty dang unusual for me. But, alas, no to avail. Rather than yellow crayons I have five smooshed penguin-shaped blobs that taste like curry powder. I'm not giving up, though. I will make these things. It's too depressing to post pics.
3. Eeek! We HAVE BEETLES! And not the good kind, either. Bad, nasty, icky little things that I find everywhere. They eat the cat food, they crawl on damp clothing, they appear dead in my saucepans. They are, in short, revolting and should all die. A destiny I am hastening with a lot of cleaner and a vacuum nozzle. Mr. Google informs me that they are larder beetles, and apparently perfectly harmless and very common, which does nothing to lessen my gag reflex when I see one. David, I think, is a little weirded out by the shrieks of glee when I kill one, though.
4. There are quite a few things I don't like about the Maritimes, but there is one very special thing that we do here better than anywhere else: Lupins. It's lupin season and it makes my heart soar. Last year, with a tiny, disgruntled baby in tow, I discovered a robin's nest hidden at the base of a small tree near my lupins, and I peeked into its shadows to see 2 perfect blue thumbnails nestled in the depths. And then I crept away and never returned because I didn't want anyone to follow me and destroy the nest. But I did sometimes think about it. And it reminds me of lupins.
![]() |
| http://www.hickerphoto.com/lupin-photography-new-zealand-15954-pictures.htm |
5. I just have to pass on this news to any and all readers...Hallie Lord (aka Betty Beguiles) has launched a personal shopping business that looks, well, fantastic! I can't imagine using it myself because all of the boards seem so professional and I've pretended not to notice a button missing on my current shirt for months now, but you know what this would be good for? Presents! For those gals you can't figure out what to buy for? Well, I think Christmas might be covered in this house.
6. David finished his second sermon at the Anglican church, but they like him so much they're trying to rearrange the preaching schedule to squeeze him in there next month, too! Once he finishes at that church he has an opportunity to preach on a Sunday night in the city for a crowd at a homeless shelter/soup kitchen. It'll be a whole different ball of wax, I should imagine.
7. We miss the farmer's market vegetables this year...they don't seem to have them. But I've heard of a CSA in town, and I'm wondering if anyone has had good/bad experiences with them? Community Supported Agriculture groups take a fee from you and in return you get a big box of fresh stuff from their gardens weekly. In our case it would be $40 per week, but I might try and split it with another family.
And, as always, if you read Conversion Diary you will laugh at Jen's Seven Quick Takes much more than mine. Enjoy.


No comments:
Post a Comment