Sheesh. I tell ya today has been turning out to be a day I would classify as a solid D- (because I don't like to think of a day as 'failing' unless, you know, I accidentally killed the cat or something.) and I can't wait to go back to bed tonight and just close my eyes on it.
I woke up in a undefined panic and cold sweat at 5am. With a start. And I couldn't get back to sleep so instead of lying in bed worrying about everything I could think of I got up and did two loads of dishes, made a pot of tea and ate some oatmeal. My kitchen looking marginally less disastrous I made a mental note to ask David to take out the garbage if he accomplished nothing else all day FOR THE LOVE OF PETE TAKE OUT THE BLESSED GARBAGE. And then I watched Anthony Bourdain make a fool of himself for 30 minutes before heading back to bed at 6:30. I was freezing and I couldn't figure out why but I blamed the livingroom window, which had been left open a crack. After an hour back in bed I was still cold, and now I was grumpy and overly tired, too. Which was no excuse to tell David to 'take care of your son and LET ME SLEEP', I'll admit, but I was so tired. So when Samuel crawled into bed with me and his little hands and feet were like ice I started wondering what had happened to the heat in this house. And then David cavalierly announced that he closed the bedroom window, which had been left open, all night long, leaking hot air out to the backyard and freezing my poor little boy who is sick and doesn't sleep with blankets. Grrr.
And I fell into a restless sleep and dreamed bad dreams until David woke me 45 minutes before I had to be at work and I ran around like crazy throwing things into the slow cooker to make lunch and showering and trying to find clean socks. Today is the federal election, so I knew I had to find my voter card, but it wasn't anywhere to be found. Neither was my passport or ANY VALID ID at all, and although that was no reason to throw a cardboard box onto the floor in a fit of exhausted rage, I stand by my principle that things are easier to find in a hurry if you PUT THEM AWAY. And I was not in charge of putting away passports after the trip last week. Ahem.
And with various articles of clothing sort of on and my purse in hand I hurried out the door and to work at the cafe for three hours, during which a whole bunch of boring and stressful stuff happened. Then I got to go grocery shopping and come home and put everything away and make food for everyone and supper for David. And separate and freeze the meat and eat something and every time I walked into another room it presented me with another opportunity to clean. I go into the bathroom to get the cleaner for the kitchen and the cat has peed all over the floor, for example. And 50% of the seeds I started for my garden this year have spontaneously died. And there are no clean clothes in my house except for a bathrobe. And someone told me I was wearing 'mom jeans' and David's vacation pay never arrived in the bank and I have gone to the grocery store twice in the last week and forgotten baking powder every time.
ARRRGGGGHHH. Pull the covers over my head and go back to bed! But first go vote. Grr.
No comments:
Post a Comment