It just hit me a few days ago that Palm Sunday is this Sunday, which means that Easter Sunday is the next one, which means that Lent only lasts another 11 days.
And there is pretty much no way I can finish my entire list of prayer things in that amount of time. I just can't.
But I refuse to give up. I've faltered a bit, I'll admit it, mostly due to a combination of scheduling mishaps and lack of motivation, but I'm determined to do at least a bit more before that glorious Sunday to come!
I've given quite a few things a shot. Some, like confessing my sins aloud, were surprisingly difficult. Some, like singing the psalms, were surprisingly wonderful. I've prayed with acronyms, prayed while laying on hands, prayed for family, strangers and friends, taken prayer requests, and prayed in a variety of different positions. If nothing else, I've stretched my limits a bit, going beyond grace-before-meals and Oh-Lord-let-me-pass-this-test sort of conversation with the Lord. Okay, it wasn't that bad before, but there were days when it wasn't far off.
I have noticed some fruit, too. I am calmer in a crisis. I tend to default to prayer a bit more often. Scripture speaks to me in a clearer way, and even when it doesn't, it sparks my interest to learn more. None of these things happen all the time, or even most of the time, but certainly some of the time. I feel, in a word, more stable. Wobbly, but less so than before.
So, here we go with the last eleven days. May they be even more fruitful than the last few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment